By Lee Davenport
There is an uptick happening.
As this year comes to a close, I have been connecting with new clients who want to be coached as real estate agents because they’re tired of being stuck in their business.
They are stuck because they know what to do but just aren’t doing it. For example, many of the agents mentioned in our first coaching call together that they want to exercise first thing in the morning, prospect for new clients (make calls, send emails, etc.) mid-morning, go on appointments in the afternoon and evenings—all while having time for families, friends, pets, or to just to watch paint dry.
In other words, they understand how to time block their day (TikTok), yet, they are still stuck. That’s where coaching—having a thinking partner—comes into play because it’s clear they need something deeper than being able to time manage their day.
No two people have the same life factors, but here are some key coaching questions I ask my clients to help uncover what has them stuck:
1. What does your ideal workday look like?
2. How does an actual day compare to that ideal day? In other words, what does not get done? Let’s call these the “waysides”—things you know would grow your business if you regularly implemented them, but for whatever reason, they fall by the wayside of your schedule.
3. On the occasions when you achieved the waysides, what resources and circumstances helped you? Let’s call these “support tools.”
4. How can you access these support tools each workday? (What needs to change? What needs to become permanent?) Pay close attention to this answer. This is your money maker.
5. What gets in the way? List them. Too often we create a schedule without any buffers for interruptions that are a common part of real estate life.
6. What’s next? From all of these questions that I hope spur thinking and brainstorming, what can you implement?
7. What will keep you accountable to act?
You do not have to stay stuck. Let’s make 2022 the year of getting unstuck and manifesting all your business can be!
I would love to hear from you. Give me a shout on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, or by visiting LearnWithDrLee.com. Download your complimentary (a.k.a. NO FEE but for a limited time, so hurry!) copy of my new book, How to Be an Anti-Racist Real Estate Pro. Want more tips from fellow real estate pros (like Leigh Brown, Kim Hayden, and Sarah Johnston to name just a few) to help you become even more resilient in real estate? Grab our new book, Resilient Real Estate Women, by clicking here. Want more of the best practices of our nation’s top producers? Grab your copy of the short read, Profit with Your Personality, and the classic, 5-star rated workbook, Plan to Win, to transform your real estate sales game plan. Or, get your “training on” with these on-demand classes.
Here’s to your success!
Dr. Lee Davenport is an Atlanta-based real estate coach who trains agents, teams, brokerages, and other business organizations on how to use today’s technology to work smarter. Join Lee’s free RE Tech Insider’s Club by visiting www.LearnWithLee.REALTOR.