By: Lee Davenport, Ph.D
Watching movies like The Guardians of the Galaxy with mythical characters that save the Marvel universe can be entertaining. In those movies, we see a diverse group of characters join forces.
These characters may have different back stories and very little in common, but their diversity in strengths is precisely what saves their lives.
I do not think it is farfetched to say that we real estate pros are similarly “the guardians of the real estate galaxy.”
Like the Marvel characters, we often come from different walks of life, but our differences allow us to serve the entire industry holistically. Our differences are a real (not just for the movies) superpower!
“The things that make us different, those are our superpowers — every day when you walk out the door and put on your imaginary cape and go out there and conquer the world because the world would not be as beautiful as it is if we weren’t in it.” —Emmy-winning writer, Lena Waithe
How do we embrace and synergize our differences as guardians of the real estate industry?
Karen Hatcher, *thee* 2022 president of the Atlanta REALTORS® Association (ARA) and Broker/Owner of Sovereign Realty & Management, shares “herstory” on what it means to be a guardian of the real estate galaxy in this information-packed interview:
- How we are “guardians of the real estate galaxy”
- How our superpowers can help tackle the current Inventory shortage
- The superpower of boutique brokerages
- The superpower of millennials
- The superpower of embracing and engaging geographical diversity
- How we can nurture diverse real estate pros to also be “guardians of the real estate galaxy” without the commitment of scheduled, formalized mentoring
- Pivotal nuggets she has received from her generous nurturers
- The impact of the local REALTOR® leadership academy (“ARA Emerging Leaders”)
How to go beyond free, sporadic mentoring to reach your business goals faster
By the way, as you will hear in the video, President Hatcher is the first in our local association’s history all of the below:
- a boutique realty brokerage owner,
- a Millennial,
- a married mom with 3 “youngins,” and
- a Black woman
Hear in this video how those (and other) atypical demographics are, nonetheless, superpowers for guardians of the real estate galaxy!
Dr. Lee Davenport is an Atlanta-based real estate coach who trains agents, teams, brokerages, and other business organizations on how to use today’s technology to work smarter. Join Lee’s free RE Tech Insider’s Club by visiting www.LearnWithLee.REALTOR.