By Subhi Gharbieh
No Matter how hard we try to keep up with all the latest trends and technology, it is virtually impossible to use every single real estate-related mobile application in our business today. There is just too many of them! My fellow MetroTex (Dallas) YPN member- Justin Levitch and I have been teaching what we call our “iPads, Smart Phones, and Real Estate Apps Course” to diverse crowds of REALTORS® all over the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. We highlight hundreds of apps that could potentially boost your business, or just make you look like the most rock star, tech savvy real estate agent in town. Here are a few of my favorite apps that I use in my business today. Now, I’m already the coolest REALTOR® in town, but these definitely put me way ahead of the competition. 😉
1. MagicPlan (iOS – free) – MagicPlan measures your rooms and draws your floor plan just by taking pictures. You can then get your floor plan in PDF, JPG and DXF format or publish an interactive floor plan on the Web. With MagicPlan, everyone can create a floor plan in just a few minutes. Example use: Draw a floor plan for your listing to show an out of town buyer the house layout.
2. Cards (iOS – free) – Create and mail beautifully crafted, real greeting cards personalized with your own text and photos – right from your iPhone. Your Apple ID is charged $2.99 for each postcard you send. Incredible, way better than a Hallmark! Example use: Post-closing thank yous.
3.Videolicious (iOS – free) – Turn raw video clips and photos into tightly-edited masterpieces to share with your friends in just three simple steps. Example use: 20-second buyer testimonial videos to use as commercials.
4. Dropbox or Box (iOS, Android – free) – Dropbox or Box lets you bring all your photos, documents, and videos anywhere. Any file you save to your Dropbox or Box will automatically save to all your computers, your Android or iOS device, and even the Dropbox or Box website! Example use: Share files too large to e-mail with your clients, backup your photos and/or files in the cloud to have access while mobile. Access contracts or photos on your iPad without using up all your iPad memory.
5. Glympse (iOS, Android – free) – Safely share your location in real-time via e-mail, SMS, Facebook, or Twitter. Your location is only shared for the duration you specify and then stops. Example use: A client is lost and cannot find where you’re at; text them a “glympse” – they don’t need to have the app installed to locate you.
6. Open Home Pro (iOS – $3.99) – Manage all of your leads, from referrals to people you meet at open houses. Create beautiful listing pages for all of your properties where buyers can leave feedback or get in touch with you in one click. Export collected data to Excel or CRM.
7. Smartr (iOS, Android – free) – What if you had a magic address book that automatically identified the name and contact information for everyone you’d ever communicated with? Smartr Contacts brings you that magic. This is the only app that automatically creates rich profiles for all your contacts, including communication history and updates from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. (MY FAVORITE APP!!!!!)
8. Zipforms, Docusign, and the Realtor.com App – These are obviously apps that you should be using everyday. If you’re not, be sure to find me in Orlando at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo this November. I’ll have a nice little surprise for you.
Hope you all benefit from these! Feel free to share any other apps that you use to other readers as a comment below!