By Jeremy Williams
Like all marketing in any business, especially as a practitioner working within a competitive market, your marketing must be effective. One of the most important factors in marketing, as a REALTOR(R), is visibility. It amazes me that so many agents have Twitter accounts, but they have not taken the time to advertise that they utilize Twitter on either their Web site or blog.
Twitter is a powerful social networking tool that can be used to communicate information relevant to listings, services offered or market information to real estate practitioners and the general public. Notice I have in the sidebar of my blog a widget with my Twitter feed (see http://ne-houston-real-estate.williams4yourhome.com). The Twitter feed on my blog serves two purposes. First, it notifies visitors to my blog that I have a Twitter account. If a visitor to my site clicked on anything within the feed, they would be taken to the Twitter site and if they have an account click to “follow.” Second, the Twitter feed showcases my latest Tweets with pertinent information tying back into my listings, services offered and market information. Twitter is a powerful marketing and networking tool if used properly. You might Google “Twitter etiquette” as that can be a whole separate topic.
Here is how to add a Twitter feed to your blog or Web site:
1. Make sure you have a Twitter account twitter.com.
2. Once you have the account, go to the home page and scroll to the bottom and click on “Goodies.”
3. From here, you will then click through the following: “Widgets,” “My Website,” and then “Profile Widget.” Under “Profile Widget” you can adjust your settings, preferences, appearance, and dimensions.
4. Once you make the adjustments to the widget, you can “Test Settings” and “Finish and Grab Code.” I recommend testing the widget prior to grabbing the script.
5. Once you have tested the script you can copy the coding and plug it into your blog. I choose to plug the code into my sidebar on the blog because it is static.
After following these few simple steps, you will not just be Tweeting to yourself, but you will be utilizing a powerful social media to effectively market your business and network with other real estate professionals. I look forward to networking with other REALTORS(R) using Twitter. Feel free to Follow Me, give me a RT, send me a DM, or just Reply @kingwoodtx.
Jeremy Williams of Keller Williams Realty NE in Kingwood, Texas specializes in the residential real estate market of Kingwood, Atascocita, and Humble, Texas. Visit his Web site at www.williams4yourhome.com.