By: Robert Gideon
Building a successful real estate brand isn’t just a step; it’s your key to unlocking doors, literally and figuratively. In this guide, we’ll provide a step-by-step approach for establishing your brand while emphasizing the importance of nurturing relationships and using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Define Your Brand Identity
Let’s kickstart your journey with the basics – defining your brand identity. Think of it as your compass through the vast real estate landscape:
- Mission and Values: These are your guiding stars. Define your core values as a real estate professional and your mission within the real estate industry.
- Target Audience: Identify potential clients based on what niche you want to specialize in.
- Unique Selling Proposition (USP): Your USP is your secret weapon. Determine what sets you apart from other agents – your unique services or expertise.
- Tone and Personality: Your brand has a personality – is it professional, friendly, edgy, or innovative? Think of it as the charm that wins people over.
Create an Online Presence
Now, let’s talk about your online presence, your digital calling card in this tech-savvy era:
- Website: Your website is like your digital headquarters. Develop a professional one showcasing your services, listings, and client testimonials.
- Social Media: These are your conversation starters. Set up and actively manage profiles on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Content Creation & Distribution: Think of this as your way to share stories. Start a blog/vlog or newsletter to showcase your expertise and provide valuable real estate insights. Spotlight neighborhoods, popular areas, and local businesses. Stay updated about upcoming local events and share accordingly.
- Email Marketing: Your email list is your direct line to your clients. Build and maintain it to keep clients and leads informed about your latest offerings, market updates, and community news.
- Google Business Profile: It’s like the shining star on your online map. Create one, and keep it current, to enhance your online visibility.
- Professional Portals: Establish professional accounts on major online platforms like Zillow, Homes.com, and realtor.com to improve your search engine optimization and online discoverability.
Leverage Visual Content
Visual content is your ally in this journey. Invest in high-quality photos and videos to showcase your listings and yourself as a professional. Share this content across all your platforms, including your Google Business Profile. Don’t forget to include lifestyle shots and maintain an up-to-date, high-quality headshot. Your face, voice, and opinions are key components of your brand, so embrace the power of video – be in front of the camera as much as you are behind it!
Networking and Building Relationships
Real estate is all about relationships. You can establish and foster relationships through networking.
Networking Events: Attend industry events, join local real estate associations and network with other professionals. These connections can provide valuable referrals and enhance your reputation. Remember, networking isn’t just about meeting people – it’s about building and maintaining connections. These connections are the foundation of your referral network and sphere of influence.
Remember all those pages you’ve set up? Now it’s time to make them work for you.
Informative Content: Regularly publish informative and engaging content on your website and social media channels, including your Google Business Profile. Create content on topics like home buying tips, market trends, FAQs, and neighborhood guides. This doesn’t just establish you as an expert, but it also boosts your search engine optimization.
Client reviews are your trusty companions, guiding your potential clients. Encourage satisfied clients to provide testimonials and reviews. Positive feedback from previous clients significantly boosts your credibility. Utilize platforms like Google and Reach150 for collecting and showcasing testimonials. An effective CRM system can automate this process and keep those testimonials rolling in.
Consistent Branding and Messaging
Consistency is the glue that holds your brand together. Ensure your branding elements, messaging and tone remain consistent across all your marketing channels. Consistency reinforces your reliability and professionalism.
Offer Exceptional Customer Service
Your clients are your biggest advocates. Providing exceptional customer service and going the extra mile can result in powerful word-of-mouth referrals. Here are a few ways to enhance your customer service:
- Timely Responses: Respond promptly to inquiries and messages, showing your commitment to your clients.
- Personalized Service: Tailor your services to meet the unique needs of your clients.
- Proactive Communication: Keep clients informed about the progress of their transactions, so they’re always in the loop.
- After-Sale Support: Continue to assist your clients even after the sale is complete, ensuring they have a positive experience.
Implement and Maintain a CRM
A CRM system is like the wind in your sails. It helps you stay organized and keep the ship on course. Here’s how you can make the most of it:
Evaluate and Adapt
As your real estate brand evolves, regularly assess its performance. Utilize analytics to measure the impact of your online marketing efforts and make necessary adjustments to your strategies. Think of it as fine-tuning your compass for smoother sailing.
Building your real estate brand is an ongoing journey that requires dedication and adaptability. By following these steps and integrating a CRM system into your operations, you’ll be well on your way to creating a strong and reputable presence in the industry. Consistency and authenticity are key, and as your brand grows, so will your client base and reputation in the world of real estate. Best of luck on your adventure to becoming a successful real estate professional!
Robert “Bobby” Gideon is a co-founder of NextHome Central Real Estate and Phido Group LLC. He belongs to several community organizations and prides himself on honesty, professionalism, and dedication. He has been the co-executor of a residential home building firm for the previous 12+ years and of NextHome CRE since its launch. Bobby has spent his professional career defining project objectives and coordinating team members to achieve their collective goal. Bobby has completed the Leadership Tomorrow (LT7) Program with the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Association of Realtors and attained the National Association of REALTORS®’ “Commitment to Excellence” endorsement for his “dedication to practicing real estate at the highest professional standards”. Bobby has also earned several designations and certifications to better serve his clients, include the “At Home With Diversity” certification, the Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation (ABR) and the SRS designation from the NAR. Bobby is also a Military Relocation Specialist (MRP). This certification allows him to better serve those clients that served our country.